nashdale & borenore
Famous for: Borenore Caves and home of the Australian National Field Days. Notable vineyards and highly productive agricultural land.
What you can expect now: Borenore is a small rural village that is surrounded by many iconic vineyards. The village includes a school, historic railway station and a range of local produce outlets.
Nearby Nashdale is surrounded by rich agricultural land renowned for apple, pear and stone fruit production and more recently cool climate wines. There are vineyards, orchards and a range of accommodation options throughout this picturesque region.
Key events to plan for:
- Australia Day Ceremony - January
- FOOD Week - Meet the Producers - April
- Wine Week - October
- Australian National Field Days – October
Must see and do:
- Take a family picnic to explore the Borenore Caves
- Sample the local produce, vineyards, orchards, olive groves, cider and gourmet dining options
- Enjoy picking fruit at one of the many orchards around Nashdale/Canobolas
- Lake Canobolas and Mt Canobolas