Towac Park Racecourse has formed a significant part of Orange's social and sporting life. The racecourse also forms a distinctive landscape feature of the South Western edge of suburban Orange and the avenue planting of the driveway is highly visible within the surrounding open landscape.
Towac Park Racecourse was developed in 1870 and a grandstand was built six years later. Fire destroyed the timber Members Stand in 1973. The Timber Grandstand, pavillion and entry avenue are listed as a Schedule 8 Heritage Items of Local Significance in the Orange Local Environment Plan 2000.