Robertson Park is located in the heart of the Orange CBD and has many impressive trees lining the Lords Place boundary. The Park was named in honour of Sir John Robertson, who served in State Parliament from 1856 to 1886.
The area of 2023 square metres in the centre of Orange was gazetted for public recreation on May 1887.
A magnificent oak tree located centrally within the Park was planted for the Queens Coronation. The Park is well defined by the Victorian landscape layout of pathways, which form the Union Jack, with a Rotunda as the central feature.
Robertson Park contains the City's Cenotaph, Boer War Memorial, Sculpture to commemorate Sir Neville Howse and the Whitney Fountain, a memorial to Mr William Franklin Whitney, a partner in the Cobb and Co Coaching Company.
The park lies over Blackman's Swamp Creek, the first water supply for Orange.Click here to download Robertson Park Heritage Walk.