Gosling Creek Reserve was named after Jonathon W. Gosling, a free settler who arrived in Australia by ship in 1827 and the first property owner in the district.
Gosling Creek Reserve features sealed shared pedestrian/cycle paths with connections to district pathways, including Sir Jack Brabham Park.
Facilities within the reserve include a picnic area with gas BBQ's; public amenities; and children's play equipment catering for climbing, spinning and balancing activities.
Further along Bloomfield Road is an area designated for dog walking and a leash-free zone.
Gosling Creek Reservoir is regularly stocked with Golden perch (Yellow Belly) and trout for fishing which is permitted from the foreshores, (NSW fisheries regulations apply).
The Reservoir provided the first town water supply to Orange after being officially turned on in 1890 by the Governor Charles R B Carrington. Gosling Creek Reservoir is the first reservoir of three that have been constructed in the Summer Hill catchment area.
Gosling Creek Reserve has been reclaimed from a pine plantation and is undergoing regeneration from the remnant vegetation.